PCI Silcoferm® S
for multi-purpose indoor and outdoor use
fields of application
- For indoor and outdoor use.
- For walls and floors.
Sealing of corner joints, connection joints and expansion joints
- Between various structural elements and materials.
- Between structural elements and tiles
- in bathroom, shower and toilet,
- on sinks, modular cooking appliances and kitchen worktops,
- on doors, windows and built-in elements in domestic areas.
- Between window frames, door frames, shutter boxes and concrete, render or ceramic (cf. IVD (Industry Association for Joint Sealants) leaflet no. 9 – Gun-applied joint sealants in perimeter joints for windows and external doors).
- On sheet metal flashings and window ledges or gutters at balconies and flat roofs.
- Glass sealing on windows and doors made of aluminium, wood, PVC and Hostalit Z.
features and benefits
- Self adhesive, unprimed adhesion to nearly all absorbent and non-absorbent substrates.
- Almost odorless, practically cures without unpleasant odor development, therefore especially suitable for use in closed rooms.
- Very low emissions, GEV-EMICODE EC 1 PLUS.
- Elastic, capable of absorbing movements up to 25% of joint width (cf. IVD leaflet no. 2 - Classification of joint sealants).
- Temperature resistant from -40°C to +165°C, suitable for underfloor heating systems and joints exposed to direct sunlight.
- Resistant to weather conditions and UV radiation, therefore ideal for outdoor application.
- Resistant to customary household cleaners and disinfectants, joints can be easily cleaned.
- Contains fungicides, prevents mould and mildew growth on the sealant.
- Tested for decontaminability to DIN 25415-1 (BAM, Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing).
Meets the hygienic and microbiologic requirements for the use in dust-free rooms (e.g. operating rooms, pharmaceutical industry, chip production) and industrial kitchens.
- ISO 846 "Mikrobielle Verstoffwechselbarkeit - Methode A und C (RLT-Anlagen)", ILH Berlin Institut für Lufthygiene (Microbial metabolic potential - method A and C (HVAC system)"), ILH Berlin Institute for Air Hygiene)
- practical test “Eignung für Reinräume und Lüftungskanäle (Hygiene)" (suitability for dust-free rooms and air ducts (hygiene)), Hygiene Institute of Ruhr region
- migration with foodstuff, Chemical Laboratory Dr. Stegemann
Tested in accordance with
- EN 15651-1 type F EXT-INT CC Fugen in der Fassade, Klasse 20 LM (joints in the facade)
- EN 15651-2 type 2 Fugendichtstoffe für Verglasungen, Klasse 20 LM (joint sealants for glazing work)
- EN 15651-3 type S Fugen im Sanitärbereich, Klasse XS1 (joints in sanitary areas)
- EMICODE: EC1 PLUS